Thursday, October 16, 2014

Keep calm it's twins

As apprehensive as I was about pregnancy in the first place, our first doctors appointment did not go as expected. Hence the title of this post.

At 9 weeks, we had our first ultrasound with Dr. Lacey, the greatest OBG/GYN in our area. Nervous and excitement went straight to fear the second I saw the ultrasound screen. I saw two somethings before Dr. Lacey said "Oh shit, it's twins." I instantly burst into tears, and had a panic attack for the first time in my life. The panic attack last about 8 hours followed by 24 hours on non stop puking. Hello hyperemesis gravidarum.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is extreme, persistent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy that can lead to dehydration.

At week 12, the hyperemesis was absolutely horrendous. Twelve weeks of non stop puking is indescribable.  In the hospital I went. The 24 hour stay in the postpartum department would have been great if they had 5 star nurses and not the 1 star nurse that told me to stop eating Doritos, after throwing my guts up at 4 am.
As quoted from my recent favorite movie, "Pregnancy sucks, making a human being is really really hard," sums up all my thoughts about pregnancy.  I hated all the panic attacks, throwing up, hormones, uncontrollable vomiting,  and vomiting so much I peed my pants often.  Cried almost everyday, especially if anyone brought up the subject and congratulate us on the pregnancy,  I hated it.

Week 20: we would find out very big news, boys or girls? For the first time during this pregnancy I was thrilled to know what we were having.
Two girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment